Siemens TOP Connect

M

Michael Griffin

Has anyone used the Siemens TOP Connect wiring system for the S7-300 PLCs? This is a wiring system which connects I/O cards to special terminal block assemblies using ribbon cable. I am interested in how quick and easy it actually is to install, how reliable it is in service, and any other relavent issues. If anyone would like to recommend a different brand (which can be used with an S7-300) as being better in some way, I would be interested in that as well. I have seen similar systems from other companies (e.g. Entrelec), but I haven't tried any of them yet.

Michael Griffin
London, Ont. Canada

Z

Zan Von Flue

hi
I used both the Siemens top connect for the 300/400 series and Phoenix. The ordering of the correct connection (for the PLC side) was complicated because of analog and digital. After getting the right parts together it was very simple, just plug the cable in on both sides, connect the 24V on the connect (PLC side) and finished. The cable ends have to be correctly plugged or the door (plc) doesn't correctly close. One cable end is angled (plc side) and one is flat. The Siemens has included a shield/cable holder. However ordering wasn't easy.

later
zan

H

Hilko Veerman

Telefast from Telemecanique (Schneider Electric) is a very good alternative. They have even standard cables for use under the S7 PLC's. Telemecanique has a very wide variaty of passive and active modules, economic ones or with a lot of extra funtions. IP20 with very good labeling options. Direct wiring to motorstarter groups (Tesys Quick fit) and Dialoge panels (TEGO dialoge).

Schneider-electric.com