RSlogix5 program conversion

R

Rogelio Diaz

One of our machines with a PLC5 lost its memory, and while trying to download the backup program to the processor, our laptop with RSLogix5 version 3.2 couldn't open it; I imagine the guys who left us the backup have a more recent version of RSLogix. Since we can't find those guys, I need to convert this program to RSLogix version 3.2 (or 6200), so I can download it to the machine with our laptop (one time deal, we can't afford and can't justify an upgrade to a newer RSLogix, as we never use it).

Alternatively, is there any conversion tool on the AB website for this type of (hopefully) one-time deals?

Any help would be welcome, you can e-mail me directly: [email protected]

E

Eduardo Manuel C. Cipriano

Hi,

I been with AB for 4 years as Sr. Automation Engr. for Tech support Dept what you could do is contact your local Distributor for an Upgrade beacuse most of the RSlogix Software I know has free uprade specially it your software is license to your company Rockwell keeps record on this licenses. The next time you save a project make sure that you save it in different file extensions raher than saving it only on *.rsp extension in this way if you made back-ups you could still use older software versions or even your 6200 software you could use *.ach/*.x5

if you have any problem email me at
[email protected]

Eduardo Manuel C. Cipriano
Sr. Systems Engr.
Yokogawa Phils. Inc.

> One of our machines with a PLC5 lost its memory, and while trying to download the backup program to the processor, our laptop with RSLogix5 version 3.2 couldn't open it; I imagine the guys who left us the backup have a more recent version of RSLogix. Since we can't find those guys, I need to convert this program to RSLogix version 3.2 (or 6200), so I can download it to the machine with our laptop (one time deal, we can't afford and can't justify an upgrade to a newer RSLogix, as we never use it).
>
> Alternatively, is there any conversion tool on the AB website for this type of (hopefully) one-time deals?
>
> Any help would be welcome, you can e-mail me directly: [email protected]

You can send it to me, I will open it and save it as a X5 file which you can then open, if you think that is your problem.

[email protected]

Dave

DAVCO Automation
"The Developing Automation Value Company"

C
Rogelio -

I have read your file into RSLogix5 Pro version 5.00.01, saved it as a .x5 file, and emailed it to you this morning. I believe it should be readable by your older version. Your posted file only had the logic. It did not contain any comments, titles, or symbols. I hope this helps.

Good Luck!

Chip Hinde
Los Alamos National Laboratory

S

steve godfrey

Contact your distributor. They may be able to help you in a way that will not require you to upgrade to a new version.

Steve Godfrey