ADDRESSING PANELVIEW IN DEVICENET

G

Gabriel Preliasco

I'm working with a PLC 5/30 and Panelview 300 on devicenet. The tags interchanged between the scanner module and the panelview must have an
address format like I:word/bit or O:word/bit in the panelview. The question is, where or how can I specify that this addresses correspond to
the addresses of the scanner module, and which are this this addresses in the scanner, or where I can find information.

The address format in DNET is diferent than others PVs. The addresses always are I:word/bit or O:word/bit, In the other hand you have Block Transfer to interchange datas with the 1771-SDN, in its Scanlist you place (in the memory map) the PV. In the Inputs map the first word than you use to PLC-5, i.e. N10:10, and to PV always I:0. The outputs have the same format.

If you have any question about this contact with me:

[email protected]

Gabriel,

This is what surprises many DeviceNet PanelView users who are used to DH485 or DH+ in which they can simply type a PLC logical address in a PanelView tag and have it retrieved.

On the PanelView's side of DeviceNet, the I/O data connection is strictly considered a block of data, which has nothing to do with it's origin in the PLC-5. That's why your discrete I/O tags in the PanelView are the I:w/b and O:w/b format.

Data goes from a PLC-5 Integer data table (like N10:0) to the block transfer instruction for the 1771-SDN DeviceNet scanner, then to a Map Entry that's done by RSNetworx for DeviceNet. That's where the confusion usually takes place; the mapping of the I/O connection into PLC memory is flexible and can be anywhere in that block-transfer source file that you want to put it.

I seldom use PanelViews on DeviceNet in applications where they're not directly communicating with other slave devices (like drives or starters) because this addressing method is a little roundabout.

There is a good block diagram of this data flow in the "DeviceNet Technical Bible" which your A-B office will have. The 1771-SDN Installation
Instructions actually have more information than the User Manual for that module.

Good luck,

Ken Roach
A-B Seattle
[email protected]

T

Trevor Ousey

Actually, the panelview will be using I and O for it's addresses, but the PLC5 will probably use N registers as determined with the block transfers to the SDN module. In RSNetworks you need to setup the number of words to transfer, maximum of 64. In the panelview these will be addressed as I:0 to I:63, and O:0 to O:63. There are some examples on the Panelbuilder32 cd.

Gabriel Preliasco wrote:
>I'm working with a PLC 5/30 and Panelview 300 on devicenet. The tags
interchanged between the scanner module and the panelview must have an address format like I:word/bit or O:word/bit in the panelview. The question is, where or how can I specify that this addresses correspond to the addresses of the scanner module, and which are this this addresses in the scanner, or where I can find information.<