Omron CX Programmer

S

Stuart Cameron

Has anyone had problems with the Omron CX-Programmer software and HP OmniBook XE3 notebooks under WIN2k. The problem I'm experiencing is that CX_Programmer cannot find my serial port - [COMM 1]. It does however find COMM 3, which I is my internal modem. All other software I use, including Omron sysWIN correctly finds COMM 1.
The problem appears to be related to the notebook as the software does work on my desktop, and on other notebooks.

Any help/thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

cheers
Stuart

Professional Electrics
123 Blenheim Road
PO Box 8563
Christchurch
New Zealand

S

Sebastien Ducharme

You could upgrade your windows 2000 with service pak 2 to correct the com problem.

I know that V2 is not officily compatible with 2000 but their is a newer version of Cx-Programmer. Version V2.1 is compatible with 2000. Usely , you can ask Omron representative for an upgrade.

Try it out!

S

Stuart Cameron

Unfortunately I'm already running windows2000 with SP2 and version 2.1 of CX-Programmer [version 1.6 of CX-Server]

Any other ideas

cheers
Stuart

S

Stuart Cameron

The problem I'm experiencing seems to be limited to CX-Programmer and HP Omnibooks. The serial port works ok on a variety of software including
Omron's sysWIN. CX-Programmer works on other notebooks we have, just not the three HP's we have just purchased.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately I'm already running windows2000 with SP2 and version 2.1 of CX-Programmer [version 1.6 of CX-Server]

Any other ideas

cheers
Stuart

Ain't it a lovely problem. I am using a HP XE3 with an internal modem and a USB serial port. OS is XP Home. Think yourself lucky you have W2K. If you have an internal modem disable it. Re-boot.

Make sure you plug your serial converter into the USB before boot up. I also found it works better if I use the right hand USB port (when looking at the back of the laptop). CX-Programmer then should see the serial port. Took sveral hours to work that one out but now works fine.

BobB