RSlogix software

K

Khalid Faridi

Need the configuration software for SLC 5/03 from AB as I have to execute a project and would like to train myself and the team before purchasing. From where can I download it. Pls Help!!

S
Khalid,

If it's already a given that you will be purchasing and using this package for a project, why must you obtain a copy and train yourself and your team before purchasing the software? However, if for whatever reason this is
absolutely necessary, Allen Bradley distributors obviously offer some of the most effective training available.

Hope this helps,

Steve Myres, PE
--
Steve Myres, PE
Automation Solutions
(480) 813-1145

D

David Gulick

This program is copyright protected software and there are no downloads for it.

You can contact your local distributor for Allen Bradley and askthem to demonstrate the software. The good ones will sometimes offer a 1 day training course that will allow some exposure to it. Any other method is illegal.

Email me directly for any questions you might need help with.

David Gulick
DRG Automation Services
[email protected]

Faridi

Find an experienced ABPLC tech/engineer and contact AB for training software. Also try Koldwater technologies for training material.

Rgds
B.Wills

Most Allen Bradley agents offer the software for sale. Since you have to purchase the software to complete the project it would prove prudent to purchase it so that you can learn.

You wouldn't want to be in breach of copyright would you?

R

Ron Beaufort

have you already checked with your Allen-Bradley distributor? if they know that you're committed to making a future purchase of hardware and software for your upcoming project, they might be able to arrange a temporary "loaner" package for you to experiment with...

M

marc sinclair

Hi,

The 5/03 is a very old, and (especially outside the usa) over-priced plc, If it is a new project I would certainly look at the host of newer products available, the mini PLCs from telemecanique(TWIDO) or Siemens(S7-200) will do much more than the SLC, cheaper with inexpensive (no dongle or key disc) programming software. (Siemens s7micro has a downloadable 30 day trial license.)

If you are stuck with the SLC then you can program the 5/03 with AI software which runs under DOS (or in a DOS window in MS) (or Linux see the thread at
http://www.control.com/1026196142/index_html)
--
Marc Sinclair
http://www.germainesystems.co.uk

I have seen it on Ebay.com from time to time. Do this instead of paying allen-bradley's ridiculous price!