Today is...
Wednesday, September 20, 2017
Welcome to Control.com, the global online
community of automation professionals.
Featured Video...
Featured Video
A tutorial introduction to programming using the QuickBuilder Programming Environment.
Our Advertisers
Help keep our servers running...
Patronize our advertisers!
Visit our Post Archive
Selection Criteria Of Distributed Control System
seeking selection criteria for distributed control systems
By Mihir Ramkrishna on 14 July, 2006 - 9:53 am

Where can I find details on selection criteria of distributed control systems? Kindly give me the link for the same

By Mahesh from EIL on 15 July, 2006 - 10:36 am

For a particular make of DCS selection, SO many parameters to be considered apart from Technical like logistics support, mandatory spares etc.
For Control system selection like DCS or PLC operation philosophy, no. of IOs and critical loops etc

By Y.K.JARIWALA on 16 July, 2006 - 10:39 pm

Dear Mihir
Is it grass root project or Project work ? I feel
this decision you should take it your self rather than leaving it to vendors.

Jari
iconcnl@vsnl.net

By Amit Gupta on 18 July, 2006 - 8:41 am

Dear Mihir,

We can guide you on how to find out the right solution for your application domain / technology segment. But we require more inputs on your requirements. Basically if you agree with me, the requirements itself forms a basis of selection of specifications for your solutions. I think I have already given you an approach to get results, but still if you need further help, pls feel free to revert with your complete requirements and application domain directly on our email id :
sitek@vsnl.net

Regards
Amit Gupta

SITEK Automation & Solutions
Navi Mumbai ( India )
Email : sitek@vsnl.net

By willem.hazenberg on 24 October, 2006 - 12:31 am

I work on a Thesis about this subject, You can Mail me at Willem.hazenberg@dcsselect.eu

The website for this Thesis at Newport International University is http://www.dcsselect.eu

I hope to finish the research before Nov. 2007

By Willem Hazenberg on 17 August, 2007 - 10:15 am

Dear AI users,

The study does take some more time. I will finish it at may 2008. But after 1 september I will have some first results. You could also attend the online survey to get the report for free.