PLC and GSM/GPRS Modem

A

Ather Akhlaq

I want to do interfacing between PLC and a GSM/GPRS modem. The idea is to send from remote areas via GSM Network. I don't want to use computer in those remote areas. That is direct interfacing of PLC and Modem. Is it possible. If yes, what could be the specification of PLC and Modem. It will be appreicated if you can guide me to start with this...

Use Schneider Electric Twido PLC with Wavecom GSM/GPRS modem
or
use Schneider Electric - RTU W@de W315 (TSXETW315G1) which has built in GSM modem with simple configuration then you can connect to twido or premuim or others PLC.
visit http://www.wade-rtu.com (schneider electric web site for RTU)

B

Bui Sy Giang

I tried to use Wavecom GSM modem but when I could not use Hyper teminal to configure it; I could not type and instructions to Hyper terminal to configure the GSM modem. Could you mind helping me for this case?

EXOR has an all-in-one PLC/HMI product that uses IEC 1131-3 CoDeSys for the PLC and directly interfaces to Multitech GPRS modems (serial or Ethernet). It uses the AT&T wireless data network to directly connect to the internet. Remote monitoring and control of PLC variables on the controller is possible via a webserver interface. Contact Eric Davidson at EXOR for further details @ 513.874.0900 x34.