High temperature pH measurement

J

JermaineC

I am looking for pH probes that can be inserted into a process line that can hit temperatures of 145 celcius. The pressure in the line is 50-100kPa. I know these types of sensors are out there but I cannot find a vendor.

A

Abhijit Goswami, Haldia

Emerson and Honeywell manufacture pH sensors with high temperature/pressure ratings. Other vendors are also available.

You may check Emerson PERpH-X series models 3300HT/3400HT. It meets your pressure/temp specification. Honeywell HB Series electrodes may also meet your requirement.

Reduced life of probe and certain inaccuracies are problems of using regular pH probes in high temperature applications.

Regards.

R
I think you are really pushing the limit. I have used probes above 100C but not that high. Perhaps a Field Effect or Antimony ring type. I will check some of my sources in the morning.

Roy

Is Ph measurement is possible at temperature as high as 850 deg C. Is there any model available.

sandeep

Hi Roy,

you seem to know what you're talking about. I'm doing a group project to design a probe suitable for measuring the pH on Venus. do you know of any pH sensors that work at around 450C?

Gen