Mitsubishi Q series PLC

V

vicky

I am using mitsubishi Q series plc.(Q00cpu)

Here are some Doubts in programming side

1. As per my architecture i mounted 4 digital input/output modules continuously. How to read the inputs and output continuously which is mounted in different slots. Because in ABB PLC we can specify the slot number. But in this no option like that i think so.

2. what instruction is used to read analog input and for analog output.

3.After loading the program in the Q00pu. i want to connect it to my Redundant CPU Q12PRHCPU through CCLink. So please send the required settings for cc link to my mail id if possible

vignesh.arc [at] gmail.com
send the settings screen.
I will send my architecture after receiving your mail id.....

1) Digital IO is by default set up by slot, although you can re-assign the slot numbers in the programming software. The first slot's input will be X00, second slot input will be X10, third X20, etc. Outputs are also slot based, but start with a Y. Y30, Y40, Y50, etc. Play around with the monitor screen and jumper some inputs to find out which is which by default.

2) I haven't done a lot of analog stuff, but I believe you read in the values froma memory register addressed to the slot. Read up on the memory access instructions, I think they call it special function memory or something like that.

3) Never done CCLink or redundant CPU, can't help you there.

KEJR

Thanku Ken.

i am using 32 point digital input & output. so i have to address like X00 for first slot and for second,third X20,X40 etc and Y60,Y80 etc am i right>>>>>>>>>>

Do u have any idea about counter channel QD62E. How to give input data and monitor.

Regards
vignesh.p

I think the 32 channel cards use two address spaces. If your first card is an input it will be like this:

The last digit is the input number in the card in hex. It will be noted below as 0-F.

X0(0-F) Inputs 0-15 first slot
X1(0-F) Inputs 16-31 first slot

X2(0-F) 0-15 second slot
X3(0-F) 16-31 second slot

So an and so forth. Just replace X with Ys for outputs.

Cant' comment on the QD62E. All cards use either IO addressing or memory addressing (usually specail function modules use both...). Look in the manual for that card and find out how the internal addresses are layed out. Usually they provide way too many registers than you can use, so the trick is to find the 1-5 registers you need to read. Most times they have a setup software that can automatically map special function IO to internal registers, but I usually don't do this (it's a preference thing).

KEJR

thanku ken

IF possible give me your mail id. i will send my architecture. so that you can help me how to address the module.

My mail ID is
vignesh.arc [at] gmail.com

Regards
vicky

P

Patrick Beckett

1. you can read a bunch of inputs/output as a word by referring to the block with a decade indicator K if your I/O starts at X00, you can read X00->X1F into one word
eg
MOV K4X0 D0 would move 16 bits starting at X0 into integer register D0
MOV K2X0 D0 would move 8 bits starting at X0 into integer register D0
(leaving upper 8 bits zero)

decades can range from K1 (4 bits) to K8 (32bits) and precede the address you wish to transfer. can only be used in instructions which expect either 16 or 32 bit registers.

2. There is no instruction for reading analogues. Mitsubishi uses intelligent cards, where the cards have internal memory which can be accessed from the ladder program. The analogues (inputs or outputs) reside there. You use a buffer transfer mechanism to access them. (reading directly is possible but slows scantime down a lot.)

If you card is mounted in slot with StartXY Address 40 and the analogues are buffered in the card at buffer Memory address 10hex and there are 8 channels

then
LD X40 FROM H4 H10 D100 K8
will move them into integer addresses D100 to D107

Notice that the Head Address is the StartXY address with the bottom digit dropped. The Analogue card sets a real IO point on its StartXY area to give results of the analogue read (convertion complete, error, etc).

FROM - buffer memory read
H4 - head address of card
H10 - Buffer Memory Address to be read
D100 - destination start integer register
K8 - number of integers to transfer

Each module has different buffer memory addresses and the cards manual is always needed to decode.

Also the reading will not be scaled to engineering units.

3.please refer to the manual I PM'd to you previously.

Regards
Patrick