GE Gas Turbines LM2500+ functional testing

C

Cooldude

We need a comprehensive functional testing procedure document for GE turbine LM 2500 engine.

We need this to understand the working philosophy, start up, engine cranking, engine rampping, engine safeties, interlocks, Anti Surge controls, Vibration, temperature monitoring system etc.

Thanks in advance.

This used to be called the "IDM", the Installation and Design Manual, and it was published by GE Aircraft Engine Department in Evendale, OH, USA.

I don't know if they're still available or what format they're in, but they were good documents for understanding how LM engines were supposed to operate/be operated.

You could probably get this information from any number of organizations providing training for GE LM engines; use your preferred Internet search engine to find them, including, but not limited to GE.

The IDM isn't a functional test procedure, but one could be written from it. I don't know of any such procedure, other than one available from an engine packager, if they would share such a document.

cooldude!

am myself a chemical engineer, not the most concerned individual, but my bro working currently for GE, Power Plant 10-RIYAD, KSA. can it work for you?