logic forcing

A

Ahmed ElDessouki

hello

we have a YOKOGAWA centum 3000 and i want to know how to make the logic forcing of a flow switch when that FS gives low signal a trip occurred in a given pump so;
we want to start this motor so we want to force the FS signal to be normal in a yokogawa DCS

the question is who to make that Force signal in yokogawa.

please inform me with answer to who to convert the flow switch signal from low to normal in a dcs software

Hello Ahmed,

As far as I know there's no way to 'force' a contact input from the operator station in the CS3000 system. However, if you want to know how to solve your problem by changing the motor logic using the builder program "System View" I may be able to help.
In the short term, to test the drive, you could replace the flow switch contact input with an internal switch that you can manipulate from the HIS. This can be done as an on-line change. However, this permanently disables the low flow trip, but does let you operate the pump for testing.

Long term the logic needs to be corrected to 'mask' the low flow switch input for a period of time after the motor starts to allow the flow to be established and detected by the switch.

This is usually quite simple but I'd really need to see the control drawing and drive circuit to give details.

Please let me know if you are able to send me more information via email and I'll give your my address.

A

Ahmed ElDessouki

first i would like to thank you about your response and trying to help me. but i want to inform that my experience in the yokogawa system is still low so please let me feel free to ask you any thing....OK!

about the short term method you mentioned in your post you mean that from the "display builder" make a new DI point with the same TAG of the flow switch during the period of motor testing>>>>is that your meaning?

IF YES please let me know more how to make that or please provide me with the manual.

thank you please HELP ME for importance...
thank you for your time...
MY E-MAIL address:
[email protected]