Java modbus library

N

Nicram

I'm looking for free modbus library for java. I found Jamod library, but I'm not sure that this library is still developed and supported.

When I try to run examples supplied with Jamod, I receive an error that some javax.comm libraries (Java communications api) are missing. But when I try to download these libraries from Java site, there are no libraries for Windows platform cuz Windows is no longer supported :(

I need to write simple modbus application in java under windows, but don't know what to do?

I have used Jamod extensively in Modbus/TCP where we have rtu nodes i use a telemechanique TSXETG100
as a crossover bridge

E

Edgar Hilton

I've used Jamod for years in many Linux and Windows environments. I've had no problems with Jamod, and I've used it for Modbus/TCP, and Modbus/RTU. It's not the most beautiful library (lots of System.outs and System.errs) but it does not affect its behavior.

You need the rxtx library, and yes, you need to tell Jamod to use this library. The instructions are uber simple (it's been a while since I've done this, but I think it was just a matter of commenting out something in the build file).

Regards
-Edgar

J
jamod is mostly not being developed, and appears to have been out of active development for quite a while. The project owner will insist otherwise, but too many people have reached the same conclusion.

My company makes hardware and software that relies on Modbus for communication, so I decided it was time to fork "jamod" and came out with "j2mod".

I'd been using a version of "jamod" for several years that I'd patched and updated quite a bit, so "j2mod" is mostly ready for production use. The only untested features are all of the messages "jamod" did not support. I believe it's the only open source product with support for READ FILE RECORD and WRITE FILE RECORD. The test functions for those two commands are some of the first I added.

You can download the source and Javadocs from SourceForge --

https://sourceforge.net/projects/j2mod/files/

And, of course, it's free.

I have installed this but how do I test this, is there any documentation?

>jamod is mostly not being developed, and appears to have
>been out of active development for quite a while. The
>project owner will insist otherwise, but too many people
>have reached the same conclusion.

----- Snipped by moderator -----

>You can download the source and Javadocs from SourceForge
>--
>
>https://sourceforge.net/projects/j2mod/files/
>
>And, of course, it's free.

The question is how do I start using/testing this application, looking for the documentation on set-up.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Modbus 2
G Modbus 1
G Modbus 4
M Modbus 3
I Modbus 3