S7-200 & inverter

D

Danish

Hi All,

I am bit new to PLC programming and trying hard to learn automation and control quickly as possible.

For my new project i will need your help.

My setup is S7-200 with 4 Analog In and 1 Out Module is going to connected to an inverter. This inverter will control motor over variable speed ranges. Main aim of this project is to learn how to accelerate and de accelerate the motor quickly.

For my first task, i wanted to learn how I will control the Inverter using a PLC.

Secondly,can i define in PLC how to accelerate and de accelerate the motor speed via inverter.

Thirdly, how shall i begin with programming of my S7-200 PLC CPu222 (DC/DC/DC) with EM235 analog module.

i will update this thread periodically so that new users can also get benefits from this.

Thanks again for all ur help.

Regards,
Danish

Thank Tom and Peg for your suggestions and help.

I did manage to have some success.

1- S7-200 was connected to the em235 following instructions on s7-200 Manual.

2- 0 to 10V output sensor was connected to the channel A of the em235, which passed the converted real numbers into AIW0.

3- To work with AIW0, I had to scale and normalize the input. which was done by the help of s7-200 tips and tricks example programs. ( if anyone needs it let me know )

4- Processed value was passed to AQW0 and into the inverter.

I did bit of play around with s7-200, made my little program in main block. everything is fine and working.

I need to learn about interrupts and subroutine
plus good practices of programming i.e programming blocks, interrupts etc. Because, I am expected to input 20 Analog Sensor into PLC later to control motor speed.

If any one can help in learning the good practices of programming when dealing with a lot of sensors.

secondly, em235 channel was producing 4000 to 32000 values on 0 to 10 v input and channel B was 500 to 30000 . Why is that ?

Any help and suggestion is going to help all the beginners all around the world. Please give ur suggestions and advice.

THank you