Hydrogen seal oil

S

sardar9

We have F7E frame with NON-DLN, control is Mark VIe. I am trying (or rather tried) to understand function of seal oil enlargement tank on H2 cooled generator. The switch on High level (L70...) etc. are too confusing or my knowledge is limited. How it works? I need help from all gurus CSA, Bob, PV, 309Eg, Demigrog and all experts who make this site great.

Thanks
Sardar9

Hi,

If you can go through the GEK107241 (if your generator is 7H2 or 7FH2) and respective P&ID, you can understand yourself. The function of the seal oil drain enlargement tank is to separate the dissolved hydrogen from oil returning from hydrogen side of the seals. The level switch what you were referring 71SD-1 is for monitoring float trap functioning (which is draining the oil from the enlargement tank) and also if there is excessive oil flow.

> If you can go through the GEK107241 (if your generator is 7H2 or 7FH2) and
> respective P&ID, you can understand yourself.

Hello sir,

i don't understand classification as 7H2 or 7FH2, and if you don't mind, can you forward the copy of GEK107241? My e mail is [email protected]

Thank you for your time

sardar9,

The hydrogen-cooled generators at your site are considered to be 7H2 generators (they are Frame 7E/EA hydrogen-cooled generators).

A 7FH2 generator is a hydrogen cooled generator driven by a Frame 7F turbine.