Happy Holidays and Best Wishes!

At this time of year, much of the world is celebrating a holiday, or participating in the observance of some holiday. I wish everyone a Happy Holiday season, and continued good health--which is the most important thing in life.

I have decided to take a new direction in my life, away from turbines and power generation. I have met many good people in my travels around the world and I have learned a lot from them, and from my experience contributing to control.com.

But, it's time to ratchet things down a notch or six and concentrate on my family and my health. I'm going to miss contributing to control.com, but I think the community can continue to grow and prosper.

My only wish is that people speak from experience, and not from mythology and tribal knowledge. When responding to questions, read them thoroughly, and re-read them again--and again if necessary--to try to understand the question or the issue.

Remember the most important questions when troubleshooting. First: What has changed to cause the problem? Second: What has been done to troubleshoot the problem and what were the results of the troubleshooting?

If posting questions, please post as much information as possible. Remember: No one is there looking over your shoulder to see what you can see. Just because something is intuitively obvious to you does not mean it's intuitively obvious to anyone else, or that your presumption about the cause or the effect is correct.

Thanks for all you've taught me; I've learned more than I could have ever imagined!

I wish good health and happiness to everyone at control.com. Thanks for your indulgences and for this great forum. My thanks especially to Our Friendly Moderator, Ms. Peg Ferraro. May she continue to safely drive the tractor of life many, many more years and steer us all in the path of truth.

Work hard.

Be lucky.

Live long.

And prosper.

> I have decided to take a new direction in my life, away from turbines and power
> generation. I have met many good people in my travels around the world and I
> have learned a lot from them, and from my experience contributing to control.com.

Hello Sir,
It is sad that you wont be around on this forum. I will definitely miss your knowledge, but one has to move on, I wish you good luck in your future activities

Mohan

Dear CSA,

Happy holidays and best wishes on your new endeavors.

>Be lucky.

>Live long.

>And prosper.

I wish you the same.

Take care,
Peg, your friendly local moderator

Dear CSA,

I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors, your input shall be sorely missed here by myself and countless others.

I must say I looked forward to your replies here everyday to teach me things I didn't know, and correct me on things I thought I knew.
Please keep us in mind if you ever get bored, I shall miss you, much like I miss the words from mkvguy.

F
Dear CSA,

I hope you had a lovely Christmas with your loved ones and are enjoying your holidays.

I had mixed feeling reading your farewell message. I was happy that you would be able to spend more time with your family and friends but sad at the same time because one of the most generous control.com users has just retired. Reminded me of another avid contributor's message years ago (markvguy), who was apparently forced by his employer to stop contributing :)

Your contributions to this forum have been helped scores (hundreds?) of engineers and techs worldwide. I started following posts on this website back in 2007 when I entered the "Instrument & Control" industry. Companies in less developed parts of the world don't like investing in quality training, so "free" information such as that made available by generous contributors like yourself is immensely helpful for anyone who reads the post. Your posts are not only read by controls guys, but also mechanical department people!

Thank you for all the contributions, your patience with authors (and the content of their posts), for sharing your knowledge, for deciphering at least some of the GE Gas turbine and control systems' "tribal Knowledge", for taking the time to write very detailed replies.... all for free - close to the egalitarian dream of the internet where people from all over the world share the information for free.

I knew this day would come, knowing that you stopped working for GE some time back, and wondered that it is amazing that you are still contribution to the control.com community.

This little message might seem like a bit much, but trust me, this is how grateful I feel for your contributions. I am sure many readers share the same sentiment.

Good luck Mr. CSA, I wish you good luck, good health, and a happy life for you and your loved ones.

R
As my old boss once said, "If your job is impacting your health, the decision is a no brainer, you go with your health". Not reading in too much to your message but making your health and family the top importance in your life seems to be a "no brainer".

I have done similar in the past and found a work/life balance that seems to function well. I wish you find something that does the same.

Do hope you lurk around and let us know how you are doing once in a while.

Good luck in your future endeavors.

I certainly could not thank you enough for all the knowledge and advice given by you in the past.

Take care ;)

Y

yukongrizzly

CSA,

Your technical knowledge/expertise, uncommon attention to detail, willingness to share openly and witty responses will be greatly missed. Your departure will leave a cavernous void. I wish you the Best of Luck in your new endeavors, and in life as a whole.

Griz

Dear CSA,

We have learned lot from you and of course is sad for all. We are amazed about your reply and you had spent more time in control.com. It is always good to move for new field where we can learn new things instead of routine work.

We all thank you once again for your GREAT support.

At this moment also we don't know your name.

Take care your health
Keep it up
G.Rajesh

P

Process Value

So an era ends , the titan has retired. Well, thanks CSA for sharing your knowledge to all of us. you will be remembered by all as perhaps the most prolific contributor in control.com

Wishing you success, happiness and health

Process Value