Siemens and the Cisco 2960

D

Dan

I have 2 Cisco switches, a 2950 and a 2960. When the Siemens CP443-1 PLC is connected to the 2950 communication is successful. When logging into the Cisco IOS I detect 2 siemens mac address on one cisco port, one for the PLC and one for the network card. When I connect the PLC to the 2960 communication is not successful. I only detect the PLC mac address not the network card. I was on with Cisco support for more 2 hours examining the switch but nothing seems to be wrong. I installed the newest Cisco IOS and I'm running out of ideas. Has anyone run into this?

Things to try:

1. Are there lights on both the switch and the device? Do they stay persistent?

2. Is there a mismatch regarding speeds, i.e. Is the switch set to 1000 MB, while the system can only do 100 MB? Or vice versa.

3. Is the port disabled administratively, or is there a VLAN preventing communication.

4. Is MAC Address filtering turned on?

Let me know if you need more ideas.

Mike

i have this problem to, on 2960, the port to the PLC i changing between green and amber, disable stp and cdp and so on but nothings helps ? if i switch to non-manageable netgear all works!

D

David Wilson

> i have this problem to, on 2960, the port to the PLC i changing between green
> and amber, disable stp and cdp and so on but nothings helps ? if i switch to
> non-manageable netgear all works!

I have the same problem with the C3560 on ports configured for VLAN. Things are visible only when the port is configured as a "trunk".