exhaust temperature thermocouple fault

S

slmn

it is supposed that when one of exhaust thermocouples read a temperature higher or lower than the adjacent ones by some value, the system will exclude this value from estimating the average value that used to control the base load.

lets assume this value is not excluded and say the average exhaust estimated to be 520 instead of 540. what will happen to the base load value and turbine inlet temperature, will the unit run on higher or lower TIT

thanks

B

Bob Johnston

I don't know what control system you are using. but in GE MKVI (and MKV I think) in the thermocouple processing module (TTXMV4 in MKVI), the last task in each processor is "average the remainder excluding highest and lowest" so that would resolve your problem.

> I don't know what control system you are using. but in GE MKVI (and MKV I think) in the thermocouple processing
> module (TTXMV4 in MKVI), the last task in each processor is "average the remainder excluding highest and lowest"
> so that would resolve your problem.

this is a westinghouse unit. while testing the unit, i have noticed that the fault thermocouple is not excluded from the average. i have calculated the average exhaust temperature using all the points and found it is equal to the average displayed by the system.

as i read in the forum and the system manual, this point should be excluded

also i have read that the unit put on the base load (exhaust temp control) according to the equation relating the cpd and the other constants.

so what will happen if the estimated average is wrong?
will the output will be reduced?