Mark V HMI .img Image conversion

J

jigs99

We have back up Mark V images saved in operating stations, and loaded in PC. The files are with .img extention and can't open in Windows.
How to convert this images in .jpg ?

Which software to use?
Thanks.

control.com, like most websites, has a Search function, though it's at the far right corner of the Menu Bar of every single control.com page. Inside the small white rectangle are the words "search the site"; that's a clue that you type the terms/words you are looking for in the box and then press ENTER on your keyboard.

Only, it's not quite exactly that simple (nothing worthwhile ever is, is it? except maybe Apple computer, tablet/iPhone operating systems)? In the control.com search window you have to preface every word in your search term with a "+" sign, though without the double quotation marks. However, there is a Help for the Search function, cleverly disguised as a question mark in a circle immediately to the right of the Search term entry rectangle.

Anyway, by using the Search feature of control.com (it was necessary to try three word combinations, as it is with many search engines) this thread was returned:

http://www.control.com/thread/1239250053#1242056165 (remove any spaces inserted by the control.com software when you copy the URL to your web browser before initiating the look-up).

You will likely need to copy the file from the G:\EXEC directory of the <I> to the folder on the PC where you have copied the .img files, then open a command prompt on the PC where you have placed the .img files and the IMAGE_PC.EXE executable, and run the executable from the command line. The executable DOES NOT require IDOS to run; it runs under any MS-DOS compatible command line operating system/window.

You will then need to find some program or application that can then read/view the resultant file. MS-Paint is one. In the past, I have been able to successfully copy and past the resultant .PCX file directly into MS-Word, but I haven't tried it in years and don't know if recent versions of MS-DOS will do that directly or not.

There are other relevant threads, at least one other is listed in the above thread.