Factorylink 6.6 Communication configuration change Issues, need help

• Thread starter Steven Hollingsworth
  • Start date
S

Steven Hollingsworth

Below I'll outline some of the troubleshooting steps I've taken, and hopefully you all can point me in the right direction.

I'm having trouble making changes to my FL6.6 ModBus+ in CM and having the configuration changes take effect in the application.

================================

I appreciate any help

I've read that thread and followed some of the threads following suggestions, to no avail.
http://www.control.com/thread/1326146271#1328014952

I've confirmed my %FLAPP% variable is pointing to the right directory.

After making changes in the Modbus Plus table in CM, I do an online restart.

flrun -o -v > output.txt

Initially the CDB vs. CT times didn't change. So I manually ran ctgen on the modp.ct , the time updated but the online restart output changed, and no longer listed the rest of the CDB/CT date values after this output.

[snip]
MODP_OVR: (table 'PING_XXX') 1 record.
TYPE: 27 records.
Checking CML Executables . . .
[/snip]

I've run DBCHK and it comes back OK. Minus 1 record being off in xref.cdb

I've verified the CDB output of cdblist on modbpsovr.cdb is correct. I've also verified that modpsovr.mdx has the same timestamp. That said, there is one file that looks out of place called "modpsovr.cnp" not sure what this file is, or why it only exists in relation to modpsovr.

I've also stopped the app, deleted all files in %FLAPP%\ct\* and restarted the app.

All the CT files regenerated with new timestamps.

The shareusr:EDI is still showing Read Request timeouts on the sites I've made changes to. The rest of the sites in the system seem to be communication fine after all the troubleshooting steps so far.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've tried to contact a previous integrator who was a member of this liste, but he has yet to respond.

Thanks in advance!

Steven Hollingsworth - Sr. Utility DCS

S

Steven Hollingsworth

A few more things to add after continuing to do research.

Looks like the "cnp" file, is a cut & paste file. So nothing to worry about there.

I did notice that the files in %FLAPP%\DCT\* are not being updated.

I have not yet seen a utility that will update these. Is it safe to move these files and see if they regen?

S

Steven Hollingsworth

>I did notice that the files in %FLAPP%\DCT\* are not being updated.

> I have not yet seen a utility that will update these. Is it safe to move these files and see if they regen?

Looks like my latest round of trial and error worked.
The "Device Interface Guide" manual helped.
Also, I found some tips on this page:
http://www.axisware.com/awb/fltips.htm

I found a way to regenerate the files in %FLAPP%\DCT\*

I stopped the application, then issued the command:
edistart -v -r > output.txt

After restarting the application, the sites that previously wouldn't communicate started to do so.

Even though I didn't get a response, some of the threads on the forum helped in my troubleshooting.

Hopefully this will help someone else out in the future.

./Steven

When you uncompressed your application just before running it, check if you date is before 2012 jan 01!