Plain serial input in ABB MicroSCADA?

R

Robert

Hey guys, I am looking for a solution and running against walls since weeks...

I have to connect a meteorological station with ABB microSCADA (Sys600) as part of a student project at my university.
The met. Station is sending every 10 seconds a data package

(<stx><lf>yymmddhhmmss;<sp><sp><sp>[measurand1];<sp><sp><sp>[measurand2];<sp><sp> <sp>[measurandn];<sp><e tx>[bcc1][bcc2][bcc3]<cr>)

via RS232 to the SCADA-Server. The problem is, I cannot find a system object where I can specify the input stream (byte-position of measurands or measurand separators or whatever). I've found the line object "SPA" that uses the RS232 interface (COM port, baud rate, etc), but I have no idea how I should specify the incoming data packages. It seems, there no one-way communication designed for.
Know I think, I have to convert the data packages into something useful for SCADA (i.e. MODBUS), but I can't find an easy-to-use tool to do this.

Hope you can help.

Thanks a lot for support!!
Robert

J

Jerry Miille

Robert,

We offer a general purpose ASCII to Modbus (and many other protocols) converter that "might" help you out. You can check us out here http://www.miille.com/PCds.htm or call me directly at the numbers listed on the web site.

Our Omnii-Comm module can convert most ASCII streams to a set of data that can be then accessed by many standard SCADA systems including Modbus and Allen-Bradley DF-1.

Thank you.

Hi,

thanks for the information. I found something like that. But my aim is a solution software based. I get all the data from my meterological station in LK-Term. It should be possible to find a software converter that translates every package coming from the met.station into a MODBUS protocol (maybe with a MODBUS-device emulator)??

Thanks
Robert