OSI PI Client installation Problem

A

ashiq

I am trying to install OSI PI client on the PC with windows7, but during installation i get the error message MDAC too old. I tried to contact OSI but as per them this this should not be happen..

while installation with system having wix xp is ok.

any help in this regards will be appreciated

cheers
ashiq

PI clients make extensive use of Microsoft components. In this case MDAC - Microsoft Data Access Components. Typically your PI clients have an associated Prerequisites kit which you can also download from the OSI website. There are different prerequisite kits for different versions of Windows, and each prerequisite kit covers several PI products. Also, because this is Windows, you need to be sure that the PI client version you're installing is compatible with your OS.

Once you have the correct versions of the PI Client Software and Prerequisite kits to match your version of Windows then everything should normally be OK - which I guess is what OSI is telling you. Note that you may need a newer version of the PI client software if you are moving from Win XP to Win 7.

The next step is to treat this as a windows installation problem. Google the errors and search microsoft.com for solutions. Start here -> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms810805.aspx

Rob
www[.]lymac.co.nz