MKV eeprom error

V

vamba1970

i have a error message downloading iocgf file in C core

EEPROM DOWN T2 C IOCFG

IOCFG......... NOT DONE. EEPROM layout has changed

The existing location of the IOCFG partition in the unit's EEPROM is different than the location currently used for downloading.
In order to bring the unit up to the current EEPROM layout, you must:

1) Upload all the existing EEPROM partitions that need to be saved. Note : the TOTD (totalizer data) partition must be uploaded since
it can not be created from the <I> processor.

2) Reformat the EEPROM so that it will use the new partitions layouts.

3) Download all the partitions to the unit

This program will now exit taking no further action.

I'm updating a new EPROM set to MKV, first I format the EEPROM, then i download with ALL options. No problem for core R, S, T, while for core C during downloading, with the IOCFG options I have the code error above. I can't proceed with any downloading in C core.

You have not provided enough information. What EEPROMs are you updating?

Have you upgraded the I/O Configurator "cards" for the EEPROMs being updated?

I have seen this problem once before, when there was multiple FORMAT partitions present on the <I> (the same thing could happen on a GE Mark V HMI running MS-Windows and CIMPLICITY).

When you download FORMAT, are you re-booting <C> before downloading ALL? Of course, <C> will not go to an I/O State greater than A4/A5 after formatting and re-booting, but it should help with the "erasure" of any previous format and downloaded partitions.

The only other thing I can suggest is that there is something wrong with the update files provided with the new EEPROMs, particularly if the upgrade involves a major revision, but also some minor revision upgrades also require new card configuration files. Most new EEPROMS should come with new card configuration files, and those have to be installed in the appropriate location (usually the PROM subdirectory), and then the card has to be "deleted" from the I/O Configurator, and then re-added back to the I/O Configurator, and then the unit-specific data has to be manually entered back into the fields for that card (which means one has to have the unit-specific values from the previous EEPROMs). And, sometimes, especially on Major revision upgrades, the values have to be recalculated--but that information should be provided with the new EEPROMs.

If you want further help, you are going to need to be very specific about the EEPROMs you are upgrading (the as-found version and the new version numbers (major and minor)), the exact steps you are performing (including any upgrades to the I/O Configurator--all the steps you performed in the order you performed them).

Also, you are going to need to tell us about all the versions of FORMAT files which exist on the operator interface.

Just as a test, can you revert back to the previous <C> I/O Configuration? If so, what happens? (Sometimes, if the EEPROMs being upgraded are only a minor revision, one can go "backwards" as a test to gather information.)