Error when running Mark V !

N

nguyentrongcong

Dear everybody,

When i changed a new Arcnet card for my computer (using Mark V/IDOS) and then running it, the monitor display error:<pre>
C:\>G:\EXEC\FILESCAN STARTUP

This is IDP0047, version 4.7 of the <I> PRODUCT CODE,

C:\>G:\EXEC\IDOSEXIT >>G:\LOG\STARTUP.LOG
C:\>G:\EXEC\IDOSTSR >>G:\LOG\STARTUP.LOG
C:\>G:\EXEC\IDOS_SPI >>G:\LOG\STARTUP.LOG
C:\>G:\EXEC\IDOS >>G:\LOG\STARTUP.LOG
C:\>G:\EXEC\PRINTER >>G:\LOG\STARTUP.LOG
C:\>G:\EXEC\MSPEXEC >>G:\LOG\STARTUP.LOG
C:\>G:\EXEC\MEDRIVER >>G:\LOG\STARTUP.LOG
C:\>G:\EXEC\ARCDRIVE >>G:\LOG\STARTUP.LOG

Not ready writing driver C
Abort, Retry, Ignore, Fail?</pre>
Please help me for this problem, what happened with my program?

Thanks a lot !

Please tell us more about the ARCnet card you installed to replace the previous ARCnet card.

Who is the manufacturer and what is the model number of the new ARCnet card?

Who is the manufacturer and what is the model number of the previous ARCnet card?

Did the card look like the one being replaced?

Did you set the hardware (Berg) jumpers on the new ARCnet to the same positions as on the old ARCnet card?

Did you set the DIP switches on the new ARCnet card to the same positions as on the old ARCnet card?

Did you make any modifications to F:\ARCNET.DAT?

What were the exact steps you performed when replacing the ARCnet card?

Did you try installing any new ARCnet card driver software on the HMI? (It should not have been necessary to do so, but did you?)

We need a lot more information to be able to help.

N

nguyentrongcong

I'm sorry about my post yesterday, i have some mistaken.

Details of this problem :

I had a PC using Mark V (We have only ARCnet Card), but i don't have anything else for spare.

So I make a new PC to spare for this PC.
But BIOS system between two PC is different:
-Old bios : Phoneix awardbios
-New bios : Cmos

when i setup Arcnet card for new PC and make any modifications to F:\ARCNET.DAT then running it, it had error same my post yesterday.

Please help me!
Thanks a lot,

I'm sorry about my skill english, it very bad :(

No relation between arcnet card and the error message.
these error (Not ready writing driver CAbort, Retry, Ignore, Fail?) coming when there problem in driver c (you can solved it from bios).

I had replaced the pc (without arc net card )but the problem is looking for the old pc.

so first your pc should see the driver c, then tell us what happen.

thanks

No worries about the English skills, I think we're understanding you reasonably well.

It's a well-documented fact that any PC (any motherboard/microprocessor/BIOS) can be used to run MS-DOS and IDOS to allow the PC to become an <I> GE Mark V operator interface. In fact, many newer Pentium-class processors will not run IDOS at all.

It would seem you have tried to possibly re-use the old hard-drive from the <I> in a new PC and installed a "new" ARCnet card in the new PC.

There are just too many things we don't know about what you've tried to do. And, it's likely that we can never get your current configuration to work--more than likely, actually it's pretty certain that unless the planets and the sun and the tides and the currents and the deities are all in proper alignment that it would not be possible to help get this particular PC/ARCnet card combination working.

If you just took the ARCnet card from the <I> and put it in the new PC, I don't understand why you needed to change anything in ARCNET.DAT. And, if you did change something in ARCNET.DAT, why did you? We asked if the "new card" was the same as the old card, and you didn't respond to that, or most other questions.

For my part, I'm not willing to invest any further time in trying to help with this issue. There's just too much we can probably never know, and the back-and-forth would take too long and we would most likely end up with the same conclusion: The combination can't be made to work. IDOS and legacy ISA ARCnet cards just don't work in every PC, especially newer ones.

Best of luck in your endeavour.

N

nguyentrongcong

Sorry for disturb all of you. Actual i want to install IDOS and old Arcnet Card to new computer. But not so easy to find the main board with ISA slot and PhonixAward Bios. So i try with the new Pentium III with ISA slot.

I make new computer with Dos6.22 boots and copy all data from old <I> to new computer. When i boot with new computer. I can see Mark V interface without Arcnet card. But when i plug Arcnet Card in. I see the error i've already explain "Not ready writing drive C"

J
I am the Product Line Leader at GE Measurement and Controls. GE has launched a new Controls Connect portal that has significant functionality to help answer your questions. In Controls Connect you can search the knowledge database for similar issues, find manuals, TILS, white papers, etc or phone/email the technical support team directly. GE provides a level of complimentary phone and email support for controls customers. This is a FREE service. I hope it helps.

CONTROLS CONNECT NOTE: If you have a GE SSO# and are a GE turbine operator, business associate or EPC firm, please send me an email with the subject "Controls Connect Access" and include your SSO#, Name and Company. Note that we do not accept generic email addresses (e.g. @yahoo, @hotmail, @gmail, etc). Company based email addresses are required for security reasons. Your registration will take approximately 3-5 days.

If you do not have a GE SSO# you can register at http://www2.gepower.com/ssoreg/faces/html-jsp/welcomelegal.jsp?Service=REG or just perform a Google search on "Controls Connect". Just click on the register button to start the process. When you reach the application list select Controls Connect which is one of the last options on the list. Registration should require less than 5 minutes to complete. If you have any questions feel free to contact me at [email protected]