Mark 5 <I> time sync

P

pakratt

Good day;

I am attempting to install a Syemmetricom BC620AT for time sync in a Mark 5 <I>. I have powered the system down and installed the card with base address and IRQ configured as outlined in the TIMESYNC.DAT file. The <I> boots up with no arc net communication. I power down and remove the Syemmetricom card and power back up. On reboot the arcnet driver does not load and when <I> is back running still no ARC Net communications. I power back down and replace Arcnet card with a known working spare (same model ARC NET card cnet 90C98). I leave the Symmetricom out and power back up.The eye comes on line working fine good comm and all. It is almost acts like the ARCNET card and Symmetricom card were are trying to use the same resources. If there is anyone who has configured this card to work on an <I> could you please share your base address and jumper settings I believe that this is where my problem is.

Regards
PK

B

Bob Johnston

The extract below is from GEH 6370 Time Synch. If you don't have the document, send me an Email [email protected] and I can send you.

The bc620AT board is shipped from the Bancomm factory with a base I/O address of 0x0300. This address conflicts with the base I/O address used in <G>'s with Ethernet® boards and <I>'s with the Historian option (see GEH-6123C, The Mark V Historian Maintenance Guide and User’s Manual). Therefore, always set the base I/O address to 0x0280 as shown in Figure 3-2.

Fig.3-2 shows the six DIP set as #1-Off,#2 -On, #3 -Off, #4,5 &6 On.
Try this and see if it helps, I think it should fix your address conflict

J
I am the Product Line Leader at GE Measurement and Controls. GE has launched a new Controls Connect portal that has significant functionality to help answer your questions. In Controls Connect you can search the knowledge database for similar issues plus find manuals, GEHs, GEKs, TILs, white papers, etc or phone/email the technical support team directly. GE provides a level of complimentary phone and email support for controls customers. This is a FREE service. I hope it helps. I checked the system and the full content of GEH-6370 is available and would have been identified with a Mark V "Time Synch" search.

CONTROLS CONNECT NOTE: If you have a GE SSO# and are a GE turbine operator, business associate or EPC firm, please send me an email with the subject "Controls Connect Access" and include your SSO#, Name and Company. Note that we do not accept generic email addresses (e.g. @yahoo, @hotmail, @gmail, etc). Company based email addresses are required for security reasons. Your registration will take approximately 3-5 days.

If you do not have a GE SSO# you can register at http://www2.gepower.com/ssoreg/faces/html-jsp/welcomelegal.jsp?Service=REG or just perform a Google search on "Controls Connect". Just click on the register button to start the process. When you reach the application list select Controls Connect which is one of the last options on the list. Registration should require less than 5 minutes to complete. If you have any questions feel free to contact me at [email protected]