DLN1.0 gas system question

G

getdy

the old DLN1.0 gas system consists of a GCV, a SRV and a splitter valve.
the new DLN1.0 gas system makes up from a SRV and 3 GCVs
why does DLN1.0 gas system change? because of control?
thanks

The first DLN-I systems used the combined GCV/SRV assembly, a Gas Splitter Valve, and a Gas Transfer Valve. Then GE developed a "transferless" DLN-I system, meaning they eliminated the Gas Transfer Valve and the Gas Transfer Purge Valves and piping. This did a couple of things, but most importantly reduced the cost of the unit.

GE wanted to reduce the cost of the unit (they're always trying to reduce costs, as most manufacturers are), and one way to do that was to eliminate the combined SRV/GCV assemblies.

Further, GE likes to standardize on designs--yet another cost-reduction measure. So, they took a look at the other DLN gas fuel systems and decided there were some "synergies" (to use one of their favorite corporate buzzwords) and came up with the IGCV Skid (Module), the Independent Gas Control Valve Skid. There's still an SRV, but the other valves can be configured to perform different functions, as necessary.

DLN-I is about the combustor more so than the fuel valves. The DLN-I combustor has two combustion zones (Primary and Secondary) and the only requirement is to be able to "stage" the fuel between the two zones as necessary. And some systems use Gas Transfer Valves, and some don't.

Hope this helps!

A

ahmed ezzat ahmed

yes thats right .. the cpd is not high until the speed ill be 80-90 % and be much higher when the generator be closed to the grad so, the firing don't happen is not a problem of the cpd but can be a problem of a control system or spark plug.

A

ahmed ezzat ahmed

i work on a electricity production (GE) but it is very old ms5001 :) so i try to update my self .. what is the usage of gas transfer valve? GTV?