USB22 Adapter with Mark V

T

Tahri

Hi

I'd like to use a USB22 Adapter instead of the standard PCI20 Arcnet Card to communicate with GE Mark V controls.

Can anyone help me how to setup the network driver?

Thanks
Tahri

Tahri,

Oh, if that were only possible. There is no driver written for IDOS or TCI (we don't know if you have an <I>, running IDOS, or a GE Mark V HMI running MS-Windows, TCI, and CIMPLICITY). IDOS and TCI both have proprietary ARCnet drivers, and there is no USB support. For the GE Mark V HMI, TCI is a service that starts and runs, among other things, the ARCnet driver. And, the only ARCnet drivers are the ones provided by GE, and they didn't write one capable of supporting a USB ARCnet device.

This topic has been covered before on control.com. There is a 'Search' function at the far right of the Menu bar at the top of every control.com page.

The only USB driver for communicating with a Mark V that I'm aware is offered by CSE Engineering, Inc., with their <ITC> operator interface which can completely replace an <I> or a GE Mark V HMI. (At least I think they still offer it.) I believe their website URL is: www.itc-info.us (remove any spaces inserted by the forum software).

I think you may have misunderstood me. There is no USB driver to be used. The Mark V HMI application must communicate with the DLL and not a driver to use the USB22.

However i have no idea how to make the MKV application to point at the DLL. The USB22 Adapter is supplied by www.ccontrols.com