Stop mode status of PLC Input-Output

M

Mukund

Those who are using PLC's, please update the I/O status of ur PLC, with PLC name and Model and there status. For example, if an input is On during RUN state and we changed the mode of PLC to STOP mode, then what is the status of the Input LED, if Input is still kept ON.

Please put the I/O status indication shown by your PLC when it is in stop mode. e.g. If an Input is ON, then during RUN mode the corresponding LED will glow, now if the PLC is STOPed, then does the LED remains Glow, if Input is still present.

B

Bob Peterson

The LED on the input card reflects the field status of the input point on every PLC I have worked on.

J

Jeremy Pollard

Good morning all. The Rockwell I/O indicators are logical not physical like in the olden daze. This means that the lights indicate what the PLC is reading for inputs, and whether the output is supposed to be on or not. An input can be physically closed, and the light off, and an output can be energized with the output light off (shorted output for instance)

Logic indicating vs power indicating has created an interesting view of the troubleshooting world.... makes it easier when using a paper copy of the code to troubleshoot with:)

Cheers from: Jeremy Pollard, CET The Caring Canuckian!
Crisis, necessity, change
www(.)tsuonline.com

Control Design www(.)controldesignmag.com
Manufacturing Automation www(.)automationmag.com

3 Red Pine Court, RR#
2 Shanty Bay, Ontario L0L 2L0
705.739.7155 Cell # 705.725.3579