Plant Dynamics

R

Ram

Thermal Power Plant design is reasonably standardized nowadays. In India , we are embracing the Supercritical Technology - a concept which is relatively new in this part of the world. I am trying to identify the different bottlenecks of design and in the process trying to question a lot of "parameters" passed on through generations of Power Plant Design, for eg, the rate of loading/unloading a Powerplant are fixed numbers - mostly due to constraints in material stress,sometimes process and in a few other cases ,due to hardware components.

Most of them are known by virtue of operational experience. Are there any theoretical way of determining these values, without site testing. I did go through some of the literature of Mafezzoni, Profos - they had solved a lot of these problems by virtue of Lower order models derived out of site testing.

But Nowadays, Site testing is difficult in this part of the country where most plants operate at base loads and due to the prolonged coal shortage, Powerplant owners might not be interested in allowing such "test periods" !!

I request the members of the forum to share their views on the above,about the use of softwares for the above activities.

Thank You
<i> My mail :[email protected] </i>