ESM Siemens

M

Marzie

I need to send data from the old control room to new control room by fiber optic cable.

there are 4 S7400-H each connect to 2 existing ESM through CP443-1 in Zone 0 and there are 1 Engineering Station an 3 Clients to control and monitor coonected to OSMs, If I want to move the engineering Station to a new control room far away from existing control room but keep the clients in old control room could I do he following:

1- replace ESM with OSMs which has Fiber Optic channels ?
2- use SCALANCE?

or do you have another solution?

I have the loop diagram to send you if you are interested.

my email adress : [email protected]

Thanks all

D

david mertens

S7 hardware is not suitable for use in zone 0, some hardware is available for installation in Zone 1 (e.g. ET200ISP) with signals in zone 0. As to your question, ESM and OSM are both obsolete products and have been replaced by a large offering of switches in de SCALANCE product group.

You can replace the OSM's and ESM's with scalance products but you have to verify if your CP has RJ45 connecters, if not you will need AUI/RJ45 adapters as the scalance series does not support AUI connections. Contact your siemens representative for a detailed quotation. You should also verify the compatibility of your fibre optic network with the scalance optical link modules.

Hope this helps,
Kind regards,
David