Modbus Communication

J

Joe

I have a Schneider Control Panel with UNITY PRO XL PLCs installed in it for automation and control and a MAGELIS HMI as its user interface.

Among its functions, the Schneider panel is designed to communicate via MODBUS protocol with a line of ABB switch gears that use the REF542+ relays for protection and control.

The MODBUS slave addresses for the ABB switchgears have been setup and communication now exists between the Schneider panel and the ABB switch gears.

However, the modbus registers of the ABB switch gears that provide specific parameters for control, monitoring and supervision by the Schneider panel cannot be correctly read by the Schneider Unity PRO XL.

The excel MODBUS configuration sheets of ABB and Schneider mismatch and thus correct communication cannot be established.

I would appreciate helpful suggestions on how to generate and excel configuration file from scratch for ABB and / or Schneider and harmonize the two worksheets so that correct communication of parameters can be established.

B

Bob Peterson

It seems to me that your issue is with the guy that created the spreadsheets that are in error.

I suspect that you can find all the information you need to correct the spreadsheets from the ABB manuals.

--
Bob