help with opc and vb

J

jamie

in visual basic 2010 i would like to read address's from a siemens s5 plc (channel 1) through kepware ex5 and then write to channel 2 which will be another siemens s7 plc. automatically without pressing any buttons. i would like to view them though :))

i have kepware interacting with my plc's and vb interacting with kepware.. but im stuck at the code in vb.

honestly all i need to know is how to read from one plc (channel 1 in kepware) and write to channel 2 in kepware.. i think i can do the rest

can anyone plsssss help!!!!!!!!!!!!

F

Fred Loveless

Option 1, You could use Link Tags which are part of the Advanced Tag Plug-in in KEPServerEX.

Option 2, You could use KEPware's LinkMaster which is a bridging application designed for this type of process.

Option 3, You could use KEPware's ClientAce OPC DA Client Development Toolkit.

Option 4. The server install includes some example VB.Net applications that use the legacy OPC DA Automation Wrapper from the OPC Foundation. These are unsupported examples are internally documented and show how to do reads and writes. You could use the examples as a base line to write your own project.