weg ac drive tripping

L

lutej

Hi..

we have CFW09 WEG drives in organisation. we have had a challenge with our utility power supply and we frequently experience voltage dips which affects our drives which trip on dc link under voltage(E02). what we did is activate a ride through parameter on the drives and the drives would trip on over speed (E17) when we have a dip and not dc-link under voltage. So we disabled the over speed protection on the drives and some drives now don't trip when we experience a power dip except for some drives controlling 110kW motors running conveyor belts which now trip on output over current when we have a power dip.

is there anything that can be done to ensure that we don't trip on the drives that now trip on output over current when we have a power dip?

I don't really think disabling protection is the best strategy. If you are that serious about running the equipment through utility "dips", short of generating your own power, you may have to (forgive me I am not a power engineer) install a motor-generator set or some other device that will allow you to better ride through utility problems. Other devices that might prove effective (non-energy storing systems) include:

• Constant voltage transformer (CVT)
• Static fast transfer switching (SFTS)
• Static generators of the fundamental harmonic currents and voltages

Otherwise you may just have to live with the disturbances.