EX2000 lost communication with Mark VI

A

Ali_2013

We have two gas turbine generator frame 6. EX2000 lost communication with Mark VI & we could not find out the problem, below is summary:

* Generator local & remote interface display lost all values only ??? ??? shown

* There is a continues alarm peep from communication module

* There is error code which we can not find out the root cause for it, picture is uploaded in below link.
http://im15.gulfup.com/HmCU2.jpg

*Similar problem happened before & the card in picture was replaced and system worked.

* Mark VI is not showing any generator or excitation values & error message read: EGD link fail

Your support is appreciated

Dear Ali,

I would be looking at the ACNA board and all the coaxial cables from the ACNA board to the local panel and to the UC2000 controller(the part in your photo). I would also look at the cable that goes from the ACNA to the main controller card. If possible remove and reseat all these connections and look for corrosion. If you have a spare ACNA card try swapping. Since the IOS does not have communication it is something on the ACRNET side so that is where I would be focusing. Write back and let us know how you progress.

Dear MIKEVI

Thank you for the support

We have checked both ACNA cards & coaxial cables. ACNA cards Seems in good condition (unfortunately, no spare is available). A spare coaxial cable was used but no change. We have noticed that we cannot ping UC card IP address (192.168.101.116). Ethernet cable (blue cable in attached picture) was replaced but still no ping. When cable is disconnected all send & receive LED's stops, which indicate the cable is ok. Any further checks can be done? please advise