DCC card alarm problem

M

Mark V

Hi.. Dear experts

I work in a CCPP.
I have a question. Please can your give me reply. My question interested in DCC card alarm.

While we work during normal operation we take a diagnostic alarm. This alarm;

DCC No queue server for destination
DPM:Invalid destination address

What is this alarm? Thank you Your reply.

Hello, Mark V,

I have a question. <b>When did this problem start?</b>

After someone ran the Total Job Compiler on the operator interface and downloaded to the Mark V and re-booted the operator HMI? After someone tried to edit a MODBUS list or a GSM list or a CIMPLICITY display or project?

I have another question. <b>What kind of operator interface is used at your site, and how many of them are there connected to the Mark V which is having this problem?</b>

Are they <I>s (running IDOS) or GE Mark V HMIs running MS-Windows and CIMPLICITY?

I have another question. <b>What has been done to troubleshoot the problem and what were the results of the effort(s)?</b>

I have yet another question. <b>Which processor(s) in the Mark V have this error message?</b>

<C>? <R>? <S> or <T> if the Mark V is a TMR control panel?

I have still another question. <b>Are there any other Diagnostic Alarms?</b>

In general, this alarm is trying to tell someone that there is either a problem with a request for data from the operator interface (an invalid memory location, or an incorrectly configured request, etc.), OR there is a problem with the memory chips on the DCC/SDCC and/or LCC/SLCC cards.

This problem has also occurred on panels which have not had conductive grease applied to all the ribbon cable connectors in the panel. It is a known problem with the type of metal/plating used in the cables/connectors that under humid conditions, particularly, the pins and sockets develop a high resistance film or coating which reduces bandwidth and signal integrity. Do you know if conductive grease has been applied to all of the ribbon cable connectors/sockets, and if the panel is regularly cleaned and the connectors/sockets checked for good connection? (Too much conductive grease is almost as bad as no conductive grease.)

Lastly, these problems have occurred when the coaxial cable connectors (tees and termination resistors) have been found to have degraded or become corroded. Some times (far too often) the wrong type of coaxial cable was used for the StageLink, and sometimes twist-on BNC connectors were used or the crimp-on connectors were incorrectly and/or improperly installed, and while they can work fine for many years, they will suddenly and without warning fail.

So, to be of any more assistance we would need to have the answers to all of the questions above, and you should also be able to tell us about the "housekeeping" and maintenance of the Mark V and the ribbon cables and coaxial cables and connectors.

But, mostly these problems are the result of someone making a change (intentional or unintentional) in some file in the operator interface which causes malformed requests for data or requests for information which doesn't exist, or when memory chips begin to fail. (All electronic components do eventually fail, and heat, humidity and dirt are the biggest contributors to premature failure.)

Best of luck with your problem!

Hi MVP...
Thank you for your reply..

When we saw this alarm before it hasn't done someone anything maintenance or troubleshoot. Last day during this alarm while normal operation occurred and the alarm true after one minute false. There was no other alarms. Then the alarm didn't occur.