mark vi card version

S

saber

we have four turbo generator set operate with mark 6 just from only 4 month and we need to purchase a spare control card.

so if any one help me how to know the version of the installed cards

regards

There are basically two types of cards used in Mark VI Speedtronic turbine control panels: VME cards (in the processor rack(s)), and terminal boards (cards) used for terminating field devices and instruments connected to the Mark VI.

For the VME cards, usually the card version is on the bottom "tab" of the card. It will be something like VRTDG1A or VRTDH1B or something like that. If you can remove the card from the rack you can look at the silkscreened card name and version on the front of the card. It's very important you have the last three (sometimes four) characters.

On the terminal boards, the card name and version is silkscreened on the front of the card. Sometimes it's difficult to see if there are a lot of field wires connected to the card, but it's there. Again, there will be three or four characters (just like on the VME cards) after the main part of the card (TRPG for example; or, TTUR, for another example).

The site should have received a list of Recommended Spare Parts, which would have the complete and entire number of the card. Sometimes there are several alpha-numeric characters in front of the main card identifier (such as IS200, or something similar). That's not so important as the last three or four character.

If you actually have a Mark VIe, well, the same information applies. There are no racks, but the identifying information is visible on the outside of the I/O Packs, processors, and terminal boards (and the terminal boards are pretty similar to those used for Mark VI). I/O Packs are mounted on the terminal boards, which sometimes makes finding the terminal board identification rather difficult....

In the Mark VI System Guide, each of the various cards is also described, including the various versions. You can compare the silkscreen information to what's in the System Guide to be sure you are ordering the right cards and to understand what the differences are. The Mark VI System Guide is GEH-6421, and the Mark VIe System Guide is GEH-6721.

In any case, I heartily recommend someone at site perform an inventory of every card in every panel, with as much information as can be determined. That information can be VERY helpful in a time of great need! You can even use a spreadsheet program with a different worksheet for each panel, laid out in the same manner as the other worksheets to make the information easy to find.

Every Start-up Report I ever wrote had the complete card identification (including any removable PROMsets) for every card in the panel. I think that's pretty standard for most GE field service Start-up Reports. So you might also be able to look in there to find more information.

Hope this helps!