Yokogawa tuning parameters vs. Honeywell tuning parameters

M

mohammed

I came from honeywell background which they use different parameters for tuning.

In yokogawa, they use P, and I, and D. Can any expert explain the difference to K,T1,T2?

A
It's all the same,
Gain K=100% OF THE ENTIRE SPAN/%of span been set as PB i.e. proportional band.
I=T1 (Integral time) and D=T2 (Derivative time).

Hope you're clear to the subject by now.

> I came from honeywell background which they use different parameters for tuning.

> In yokogawa, they use P, and I, and D. Can any expert explain the difference to K,T1,T2?

p is the same as k but the value you will enter to the system in different because Honeywell system waiting you enter a value as a percentage like .10 .20 which the system will take it as a percentage of the span and use it as the Proportional constant value in the PID controller now lets talk about I,D,T1 and T2 will the i and d we all know them they are the integration and differentiation constants but what they reflect in reality ? the time for steady state and ripples timing and for sure they in in ms so honeywell system waiting for a value in second so it will be .xxx but in yokogawa just simply in ms so it will be a real value.

after all this is not 100% correct answer this is only what i think so i hope you also keep searching and if you find i am wrong please let me know.