Function of Constants

L

ltw

Hi All,

We're using Speedtronic Mark V control system for 9FA, Combined Cycle Single Shaft machine.

Would like to clarify on the usage of constants for Mark V. There are some constants that can be found in the const_q.src file, but could not be located in csp.prn. Just to confirm with everyone here, can we assume that if the constants are not found csp, we may conclude that the constants are not in used by Mark V? Or maybe the constants are being used somewhere else, maybe in C-core or Q-core itself?

Thanks.

ltw,

GE populates CONST_Q.SRC with what they refer to as a "max case" (maximum case) set of Control Constants. This means that the list of Control Constants includes many which may not be used a particular application. So, you may safely presume that as many as 30%, or even more, of the Constants which appear in CONST_Q.SRC are not used in the CSP at your site. (Smaller GE-design heavy duty gas turbines may use even less of the Constants in CONST_Q.SRC.)

However, you must be very careful because many times when the CSP printout (both CSP.PRN <i>and</i> CSP_XREF.PRN)is created the complete list of Control Constants that are arrays are not included. Many times just the first value of the array is included in the printouts. (An example of a Control Constant array is the exhaust temperature control parameters, TTKn_x, where 'n' is a digit from 0 to 7, and 'x' is an alpha character like C or I or S, etc.)