Using AutoCalibrate Display to View Parameters

M

MAATALLAH

We have Frame 5 machine with speedtronics MARKV HMI control system.

MY question is: By using the AutoCalibrate display to view parameters when the turbine is running, the turbine will be disturb or not?

Thank you

MAATALLAH,

AutoCalibrate will not disturb the turbine operation when it is running. AutoCalibrate can communicate with the TCQA card when the turbine is running, but it is prevented from making any changes to TCQA RAM values when the turbine is running.

The Mark V WILL annunciate the nuisance Diagnostic Alarm, something to the effect of "TCQA RAM Changed" or something like that, which isn't really true--that alarm is annunciated whenever AutoCalibrate "tunnels" into the TCQA RAM, whether it's changing values or not. (This is another of GE's cryptic, nuisance and erroneous Mark V Diagnostic Alarms.)

AutoCalibrate is very useful for viewing all LVDT feedback values for a particular servo-valve output (which isn't possible with any other display in the Mark V), among other things.

Using AutoCalibrate to view servo-valve output values when the turbine is running WILL NOT interrupt turbine operation in any way (other than make operators and their supervisors nervous with the above Diagnostic Alarm, which is annunciated whenever the AutoCalibrate display is enabled).

While you can use AutoCalibrate to view servo-valve output data/values when the turbine is running, you cannot use to calibrate LVDT feedback when the turbine is running.

Thank you Mr CSA.

- I Changed TCEA, TCTG cards IN P Mark V panal, Please tell me How i Download those cards to processors with Mark V HMI.

Regards

You are welcome.

The TCTG card is not configured using the I/O Configurator; so there is no download to that card.

The TCEA cards get their software configuration parameters from the associated control processors when the TCEA is re-booted. There is no download directly to those cards either; their software configuration is part of the IOCFG partition download to <R>, <S>, and <T>. And when each TCEA is rebooted it goes to its associated control processor to get its I/O Config. parameters--so that means for the TCEAs to get their parameters their associated control processors have to be booted up, ready and waiting for the TCEA cards to get the information from the control processors' EEPROM.