LS2100 static starter command for 9fa

K

koukos

i'd like answers for two questions i have. First is

if the order - command from Mark VI to LCI STATIC STARTER is through software (UDH) or through hardware?

(NO contact -TRLY card).

thank you, in advance!

koukos,

Your post is unclear.

GE has been slowly and steadily reducing the hardware interfaces between GE-provided equipment, to reduce wiring and associated hardware costs (cost reduction is one of the most important engineering efforts at GE).

It should be possible to find the static starter START signal function/rung in the Mark VI and then follow that signal using Toolbox to see if it drives a relay output on a TRLY card, or if it is a signal that is communicated via EGD, and picked up by the LCI.

It should also be possible to use Toolbox to look at the static starter START signal and determine if it comes to the LCI control through a discrete input (connected to a discrete output of the Mark VI, probably on a TRLY card), or if it is an EGD signal that originates in the Mark VI and is transmitted via the UDH.

And, you said you had two questions, but I only saw one...?

CSA

Thank you very much for your help.

I found that the command goes through EGD (G1\lss_pwr)and takes the signal-name L1\G1_LSS_PWR.

From there it goes as an input (L1\SBCLS) via modbus to the local PLC.
The output of the PLC (L1\MODBUS\lOOUT\L1SBCC - %Q0002)through a contact of relay (SWGRC), goes to LCI source breaker.