GTG 1 TRIP ON PROCESSOR _C_FROZEN

R

REME

Machine GT*21.80 MW on ISOCH mode and communication was fail on processor C. Area operator checked on BOI AND suddenly machine got trip and he told me he nothing .It is possible that machine will trip by it own?

Anybody can explain to me and give good information because operator is not accepting that he did something in the INTH BOI and he told that he just looking on the load from BOI monitor.

The information is unclear.

It's not usually possible to trip the turbine from the <BOI>, whether <C> is communicating or not. It's presumed the <BOI> is properly configured, and most <BOI>s do not have the ability to trip the turbine because the E-Stop pushbutton is mounted very close to the <BOI> (a few cm) and it would easier and faster to push the E-Stop to trip the turbine rather than navigating to the proper <BOI> display and then initiating a trip.

If the machine tripped, the <BOI> could have been used to view the Process Alarms, which, if recorded (by hand using a pen/pencil and paper, or even a cell phone camera!) would have indicated what the condition was that caused the trip.

It's presumed that no dot matrix printer was working that would have recorded the trip alarm.

Again, it's not possible to trip a turbine from most <BOI>s, if properly configured. And, by "trip" I mean an emergency shutdown where the fuel stop valves are closed before anything else happens. If the unit was STOPped (normal, orderly shutdown from load, then normal fired shutdown to cooldown), then, yes, that can be done from most any <BOI> (it's one of the reasons for the existence of the <BOI>). It requires navigating to the proper display and "arming" the command and then "executing" the command. So, it's not going to happen without at least two intended keystrokes.

In any case, all operators should be capable of retrieving alarms from a <BOI> in the event the operator interface with its alarm printer can't communicate with <C> so that a trip can be understood before the turbine is re-started.