servo motor repair

R

Roy

Hi all

I need to repair a servomotor and wanted to know all precautions to avoid damage to the engine when disassembling the mechanisms

Also wanted to know if need to synchronize the encoder or resolver when reassembling the engine. i.e. if the encoder has a unique position on the motor axis, if I had to I could do manually synchronize or special equipment is required

Thank you very much for any information

Best Regards

C

Curt Wuollet

It depends on the motor, I wouldn't crack it without detailed information. On some the magnets are so strong that it is really difficult to avoid chipping them or scratching the rotor. And they seem to vary a lot on synchronizing depending on the commutation timing and exactly how it is built and some do require equipment. It is even possible to degrade the magnets in some by simple disassembly. These problems can be worked around and there are procedures to do so, but motor manufacturers, often don't credit a basket of parts and they aren't often forthcoming with the information so they get a lot of them. They can be a real headache if the nearest replacement is in Stuttgart and the local motor guys mess up the one you've got.

Regards
cww

Thanks Curt for answering, mainly wanted to know if it would be necessary do some kind of synchronization to the motor after making the assembly of the parts, as I had seen in a video that is a synchronization after repair Siemens motor

I wanted to know if it is necessary to do so with all brands of motor or is it just for Siemens

regards

C

Curt Wuollet

I wouldn't know about _all brands_, but most of the ones I've seen had a song and dance you have to do. Some were gracious enough to outline it in their manual. The others simply say it must be returned to the factory with a bag of money or even "not repairable".

Regards
cww

G

Gerald Beaudoin

I would agree with Curt.....risky business unless you are fully equipped with the tools and the software that are appropriate for the brand that you have. I would only consider sending one to a shop that specializes in that particular make.

Cheers