MK5make does not compile

V

vcegce

I have unit1 directory, the current and working directory.

From the dos box, typed MK5make to recompile.

Got the following errors, 4241 points loaded, Data names not found in the directory.

I have checked to IO.ASG.TXT files as reference, and the points exist.

Looking at a similar director UNIT5, and file structure and doing the same steps, recompilation without errors.

WHAT AM I OVERLOOKING?

Hmmm....

What have you changed that requires running MK5MAKE.BAT?

Have you looked at the description of the various files, and their required locations, in the Mark V Maintenance Manual, GEH-5980, necessary for the "compiler" to work?

There are four "assign" files in the UNIT1 directory which the Data Dictionary "creator" needs:

IO.ASG
FACTORY.ASG
ALLOCSSP.ASG
SITE.ASG

These files are all ASCII text files, and they don't have .TXT filename extensions.extensions.

MK5MAKE.BAT is a batch file that runs several individual programs. The first couple of programs create the unit-specific UNITDATA.DAT file from several files in the UNIT1/PROM sub-directory the four .ASG ("assign") files in the UNIT1 directory.

Then MK5MAKE.BAT runs the Table Compiler to take the contents of the various Table files (refer to the Mark V Maintenance Manual, GEH-5980, for descriptions, including flow-charts and graphics of the files, the relationships, and the locations of the files), for things like Control Constants and such.

I believe that the next step in MK5MAKE.BAT is to create the Alarm cross-reference file, ALARM.LST

Then MK5MAKE.BAT runs the Control Sequence Program Compiler (asking before it does so).

It logs all of the steps (and the errors and warning messages) to MK5MAKE.LOG, an ASCII text file that can be opened and examined to see the results of running MK5MAKE.BAT. Can you paste the first few lines of MK5MAKE.LOG to a response, the lines that should indicate successful loading of the necessary PROM sub-directory and .ASG files?

While MK5MAKE.BAT is called the "Total Job Compiler", it is really a batch ("script") file that runs several programs, in the order they need to be run, presuming all of the required files are in the proper locations--presuming they have the proper names and filename extensions.

So, if you've edited IO.ASG and saved the file with a .TXT filename extension, the program in MK5MAKE.BAT won't be able to find IO.ASG.