Today is...
Friday, May 25, 2018
Welcome to, the global online
community of automation professionals.
Featured Video...
Featured Video
EtherCAT with CTC’s master lets your multivendor network play well together...
Our Advertisers
Help keep our servers running...
Patronize our advertisers!
Visit our Post Archive
University courses in Canada
looking for some direction on continuing education


I know my question is off topic but I'm looking for some direction on continuing education. I am currently a journeyman instrument technician in Alberta. However I am looking to continue my education and am planning on going to university. I want to keep in the control field as it is of great interest to me. Can anyone point me in the direction of what courses I should be enrolling in???

By Walt Boyes on 5 March, 2013 - 12:04 pm

Have you looked into SAIT? They have some pretty good coursesŠ

Walt Boyes, FInstMC, Chartered Measurement and Control Technologist
Life Fellow, International Society of Automation
Editor in Chief, Control and

I am also a Inst-Jman in Alberta but I also have a 2yr diploma from out east in Toronto. It's called Electro-Mechanical Engineering or Mechatronics. It's a great course and I believe SAIT is now offering a similar course. It will get you back into school and likely be able to use the credits towards something like computer science or electrical engineering.