Communication issue between c264 rtu & ion 7550 meter

• Thread starter Noor ul ameenulnoor
  • Start date
N

Noor ul ameenulnoor

We have recently swapped an existing ion 7550 meter with the same meter. The meter communicated via rs-485 modbus rtu protocol with the c264. the problem is the new meter does not transmit any data to the rtu. whereas if I connect the old meter back into the loop, the meter transmits data instantly. the new meter successfully communicates with a modbus simulator (mdbus). the baud rate, protocol and slave address are the same as the old meter. is there any new configuration we need to do on the rtu side? ...please advise

C

Curt Wuollet

Yes, the very first hit if you google ion 7550 is the manual that explains how to configure the com ports. You should be able to copy from the old to the new.

Regards
cww

J

John Waalkes

> We have recently swapped an existing ion 7550 meter with the same meter. The meter communicated via rs-485 modbus rtu
> protocol with the c264. the problem is the new meter does not transmit any data to the rtu. whereas if I connect the
> ....

There's more to it than swapping out the meters, your will need to load the exact same framework on it (which is different than your application) and then the application in your old meter.

It's been awhile, but you can plug each meter in (we used test meter sockets for this at Schneider, no need to swap out meters in a working system if you don't have to) and get the framework revision for your old meter and make sure that it matches up with your new one (they should match unless your application needs a different framework than what comes as standard). Then upload the old meters application to your PC.

Then on the new meter upgrade the framework, if necessary, and then load your old application to it.

@Curt, There's a name I haven't seen in awhile, I remember you from the PuffinPLC project... :)