Accessing Siemens PLC

J

John

The PLC running our plant is a Siemens Simatic S7 TD-200. While we have an I/O list, we do not have the original program or password to access the PLC. The engineer who installed and who programmed the PLC did not provide us with the program and has not been contactable since installation. We believe he may have gone bankrupt. In short, we got dudded. We have contacted Siemens who have advised that the system was built not to be over-ridden and so they were unable to help. They "unofficially" suggested that we look outside the scope if we wanted to find someone who might have experience in dealing with this particular PLC and suggested this website, which until then I had never heard of. Has anyone ever successfully managed to gain access to this model PLC without a password and without the original program?? Thanks!

J

jeff englund

We have the same issue :no pass code: did you find out how to bypass. please advise as we are dead in the water without it. Thank you in advance.

<b>Moderator's note: We usually do not allow this type of question on the forum any longer because it seems to promote the illegal use of software. Our usual response is to tell posters to contact the manufacturers of the software or machine in question if they need to have a password unlocked. They are probably accustomed to helping solve this problem for people who have lost the password under legitimate circumstances.

This seems to be a special case since Siemens has told them to post here. Any responses to this email will be sent directly to Mr. Englund and not posted here.</b>

J
Hi Jeff

We haven't had much luck at this stage but will be trying a couple of things over the next few weeks. As requested by the administrators from Control, i will need to contact you direct if you wish to discuss this further .... Maybe provide an email address?

Thanks