Calibration Training

C

Cheryl Hamilton

Hello I am looking for a calibration training program that is beyond the basics. Does anyone have suggestions? Thanks!

C

Curt Wuollet

That would probably be a Metrology course Beyond the basics, every device is different.

Regards
cww

Hi,

I cannot help you with a training program but I have written a course in advanced instrumentation concepts some time ago. It was originally developed as a bridging course between the mining and oil and gas industry. It teaches you all the calibration methods in the most confusing area of instrumentation, namely level measurements.

The other areas of instrumentation is very simple really since all you do is calibrate the pressure or temperature instruments according to predetermined values but with levels you need to know which method to use on what application and know how to do the various calculations for these applications. In my experience this is the area where most technicians start falling off the bus. This was also the reason why I have decided to put my experiences in course format. I have already presented the course on two different occasions in the mining industry. It is a five day course.

If you are serious about improving your skills and knowledge in instrumentation my mailing address is [email protected]