MKV HMI we want to move communications 3 KM

K

KANDARP SHAH

Dear Expert,

Looking for information regarding arcnet to ethernet converter for communication of GE MKV HMI from C Processor if distance is above 3 KM.

We want to shift our <I> processor of MKV from our existing control room (Where GE MKV controller node present) to our new control room (Where no MKV node available). Our network is arcnet. then please suggest how it will be possible.

<b>Moderator's note:</b> 3 KM is about 1.86 miles.

Thank a lot for your feedback.

But i want more information regarding arcnet network.

1. If my distance is only 1.5 KM then what will be the better option for communication?

2. Can you provide any dealer information who provides Contemporary Controls products in India?

I am not a salesman for this product so you may have to look into who your closest supplier would be, all of that information is available on the website.

Our site uses this system with Mark V controls back to HMI's in the control room which is less than 1.5 KM. Our system was completely installed by GE when the plant was built. The Fiber from four Mark V's comes into the control room MODHUB box and then goes out via COAX arcnet Daisy chained to our Servers and Historian.

B

Bennet Levine

You will want to talk to Paul French from our UK office. I have copied him on this email.

We are recommending using a pair of MODHUB-16Es with EXP-CXS/FOG-ST cards. With multi-mode fiber we can cover 2 KM. If you want to go beyond 2KM we have to look at the fiber losses or you could place an ARCNET hub in the middle of the run.

Bennet Levine
R&D Manager
Contemporary Controls
Phone:   630.963.7070 (x102)
Fax:     630.963.0109
Email:   [email protected]

K

KANDARP SHAH

Thanks a lot for your valuable support

> You will want to talk to Paul French from our UK office. I have copied him on this email.