RS5000 Enet to Bently Nevada 3500 Connection

K

ken

I have no experience with BN. Asking for steps to configure 1756-ENBt to BN 3500 enet gateway

I
Dear Ken,

As per my experience, BN 3500 can be connected to Controllogix PLC through Controlnet network only, so it is not possible to get BN 3500 talk to Controllogix PLC using Ethernet/IP protocol.

To get BN 4500 connected to Controllogix, here are what you need:

- RSLogix 5000

- RSNetworx for controlnet

- RSLinx

- Field Monitor Configuration Software for RSLogix 5000

- EDS files for BN 3500

- Controllogix PLC with Controlnet module (1756-CNB/CN2) instead of 1756-ENBT

Alternative way to get BN 3500 connected to Controllogix PLC is utilize Modbus serial port of BN-3500. This option need modbus module (Prosoft MVI56-MCM or other brand) to be installed on controllogix.

http://site.ge-energy.com/prod_serv/products/oc/ja/downloads/1701_rslogix50001.pdf

Hope this help
Ikhtiander

M

Missing Linx

Last year we did a project for the first time to connect BN3500 to our AB PLC system for a client. We the BN3500 ethernet gateway for setup of the BN3500 racks via a switch not for PLC Comms. I think this need to be done via Modbus. use the Prosoft MV169-MNET module for easy-ish Modbus setup. Can give you further info if you want to email [email protected]

Regards
Neil

K
I am looking for any help or onsite assistance to communicating the RS5k to the Bentley Nevada 3500 rack with Gateway 92 module, or any other way.....

Thanks

B

Bob Peterson

A quick look at the description of this module says it is a Modbus/TCP device.

I am not sure if you are asking if the RSLogix5000 software can communicate with the BN module or if the Controllogix PLC can.

I do not believe either can directly, although my understanding is that you can now control the TCP/IP messages from within the Controllogix PLC version 20 or better so that you can do this if you write the code yourself. It seems very messy to me.

The other option is to buy a Modbus/TCP module for your controllogix PLC.

--
Bob
http://ilbob.blogspot.com/