Mark-V I-node track ball (Cursor)

N

NVS

Dear sirs,

From last two days we are facing problem in our frame V I-Node, track ball is not working. we are directly handling I-Node with keyboard as we don't have any track ball spares. so can we go for regular mouse as we are having 9 pin to mouse socket converter? so please any one confirm me it will work or not and will it hang or interrupt I-node operation during changing trackball with mouse?

NVS,

A regular mouse (serial connector) will work just fine.

I have also used a PS2-to-serial converter on a PS2 mouse, and it has worked just fine.

If the mouse has a scroll button, it won't work on the <I>.

Hi

i have a problem i changed the trak ball to a serial mouse. it is genuis serial mouse with no scroll, but it didn't work. but i thought it is a mouse driver. i brought a driver from the internet and loaded it from autexec.bat. the mouse loaded but the system is failure it writes:
bgi error graphics not initialized (use 'initgraph')

And i realized that the resolution is not fine.

When i returned the trak bal driver, it loads normally but the genius mouse didnt work.

Can Anybody help?

EmAil: [email protected]

New User,

Just about ANY mouse will work, as long as it's a pretty generic mouse (without zooming and high resolution features, and some "laser" mice, etc.).

If I recall correctly, the mouse driver file is MSMOUSE.COM. I believe the mouse drive file is usually in the G:\EXEC directory, or sometimes it was in the root of C: drive. But, the driver must have the correct name, and I believe it's loaded in either the AUTOEXEC.BAT file or the CONFIG.SYS file.

I've had to rename mouse drivers to MSMOUSE.COM.

<b>MAKE A BACK-UP OF THE EXISTING MSMOUSE.COM FIRST!!!</b> to something like MSMOUSE.ORI or MSMOUSE.SAV. Make a back-up of the new mouse driver file, then rename the copy of the new mouse driver file to MSMOUSE.COM and that will usually solve the problem.

(All of the above refers to a PS/2 mouse or serial mouse--NOT a USB mouse.) But, the driver must be named MSMOUSE.COM (or, the name in CONFIG.SYS or AUTOEXEC.BAT must match the mouse driver file name-but the best thing is to make the copies and then rename the new file copy to MSMOUSE.COM and not mess with editing AUTOEXEC.BAT or CONFIG.SYS.)

And, again, all mice don't work with <I>s. The CPD (Cursor Positioning Device) doesn't have to be a trackball; mice work just fine--as long as they're pretty basic, old-fashioned mice.

HELLO CSA thanks for your reply .i entered this page to tell you
that i fixed my problem and i noticed that u replied thanks a lot.

yesterday when i installed genius serial mouse 2 buttons. it is a simple genius mouse named EasyMouse. i get its driver and i configured the Autoexec.bat and copied the driver to C:\ and Named it MSMouse. and in the Autoexec i told the command line what port is the mouse. These steps and it didn't work..exactly the mouse worked in dos but the system fails Up and write this Error:
bgi error graphics not initialized.

THE PROBLEM WAS SOMEHOW A CONFLICT WITH MY MOUSE MODEL DRIVER (Genius Easy Mouse) THAT WAS MAKING A SYSTEM FAILURE. THERE IS NO OTHER REASON.

so i buyed a new old a4tech mouse; and replaced the msmouse with the a4tech driver; and i configured my com port from the c:\autoexec file
to com 1. the same steps i did for genius mouse, and now all okay
the system is loading normally to the graphical Menu.....

thanks a lot now i am trying to configure my Arcnet Card. lets see
how far i can run. :D
when i fall down, i will share my problem to Experts :D

good luck
bye