Non standard modbus commands

A

Assaf

Hi,

I have a project in which I need to communicate with FMC Sybertrol flow computer in modbus RTU.

The flow computer has a whole range of registers that can be accessed using Modbus non standard function codes 67, 68
(see http://info.smithmeter.com/literature/docs/mn09048l.pdf - page 3)

Is anyone familiar with a PLC that is able to send and receive special modbus commands?

Regards,
Assaf

You might have better luck searching for a PLC/RTU that supports "SyberTrol Modbus" which is the registered trademark of Smith Meters version of Modbus.

I have in the past provided a 2 port Modbus RTU to an ASCII (multi drop) translator mounted on a well known industrial strength platform. It would not be difficult to modify the code to support SyberTrol Modbus slaves. If you are interested in this type of solution contact [email protected]

Hi,

You can apply the non standard modbus commands in any PLC which can raw access to the serial port. I did similar project with Telemecanique PLC.

Regards,
Andrzej,
www.modbuas.pl

F

Fred Loveless

You can always use a software component to access the customer Function code data whether it is KEPware's UCON driver, Software Toolbox's Omni Server, Matrikon or whomever. These solutions allow they user to configure the communications packet that is sent to the device and configure the handling or the response from the device.

From that point it is a just a matter of moving the data from one point to another.